Skip to main content

How to stop Spectrum junk mail

Kilkenny, Ireland Photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images

For years, I have been getting inundated with physical junk mail from my internet service provider (ISP), Charter Spectrum (formerly Time Warner Cable). In huge red capital letters, the envelopes are stamped “OPEN UPON RECEIPT” or “NOTICE” or “IMPORTANT ACCOUNT INFORMATION.”

I always open them, just in case there is a legitimate problem and my internet is about to be shut off. Every single time, I get duped. Instead of legitimate account notices, the mailers are ads trying to get me to upgrade my plan or buy more services from Spectrum. In addition to tree-killing paper mailers I can at least recycle, Spectrum often likes to mix in unrecyclable thick plastic cards.

It’s not like I can switch internet service providers to get away from...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts http://bit.ly/2Tb4dDQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USB-C on iPhone 15: Only the iPhone 15 Pro models will get fast USB-C data transfers

via Firstpost Tech Latest News https://bit.ly/3Vb9ubx

Volkswagen ID.4 GTX debuts with a dual-motor setup, 299 hp and 480-kilometre range

via Firstpost Tech Latest News https://bit.ly/3xDo0hm

Facebook hires legal advisor who helped create the Patriot Act

Facebook has announced that it's hiring Jennifer Newstead, a former State Department lawyer, to serve as its new general counsel. She's currently a Trump appointee as Legal Adviser to the Department of State. Unfortunately for privacy and civil liberties advocates, Newstead also helped craft the controversial Patriot Act (officially the... from TechSpot http://bit.ly/2vnlFbr